Guiding Clients Towards a Better Financial Future
Are you slowly being crushed under the weight of credit card debt, loans, and other obligations? Have you been hit by large and unexpected medical expense, or sustained business losses? Do you face a real threat of losing your home and vehicle?
You are not alone.
Every year over 6000 individuals and businesses file for bankruptcy in the state of Illinois. These court proceedings enable applicants to free themselves from the stress of dealing with aggressive creditors, onerous interest fees, as well as a range of related penalties and charges.
A successful bankruptcy process can allow you to:
- Eliminate your debts and start again on a fresh financial footing.
- Retain control of your home and other prized property, while you catch up on overdue payments.
- Prevent garnishments and other strategies that eat into your income.
- Fight off creditors that have tied up your wealth with fraudulent collection claims.
Why Hire a Bankruptcy Attorney in St. Charles?
At Jackson Abdalla, we have helped to plan and execute effective bankruptcy strategies for clients across St. Charles and surrounding areas of Illinois.
While we understand that adding another expense on top of your existing financial obligations may not be the most appealing option for you, the sheer complexity of the bankruptcy filing means that an in-depth familiarity with legal language, related paperwork, and the federal court systems is generally required to ensure a positive outcome.
How We Work
Our attorneys will work to understand your current financial situation, long-term objectives, and any specific exemptions that you may qualify for due to your professional or personal relationships.
Based on these insights we will offer recommendations on the best way to move forward with your bankruptcy case. This legal advice will cover:
- Whether filing for bankruptcy is the best way out of your situation. If we believe that we can resolve your financial difficulties through less drastic measures such as debt renegotiations or settlements, then we will look to pursue these options first.
- We will help you decide which type of bankruptcy filing is best suited to your needs.
- Your attorney will conduct a means test to determine whether you are eligible for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, in which all assets values above a certain amount are liquidated to satisfy your debts.
- If you are filing for bankruptcy on behalf of your business, then we may recommend a Chapter 11 filing which necessitates a restructuring of your organization.
- If we think that you will be able to fulfill your debts under the right circumstances, then we will look to file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy plan which allows for a more favorable repayment schedule based around your current income.
Our St. Charles bankruptcy lawyers will also take over all responsibilities relating to:
- The consolidation and disclosure of all financial data on the relevant documents.
- Valuation of assets.
- Ensuring that all paperwork is accurate and legally compliant.
- Handling negotiations with creditors and blocking off any further collection claims.
- Arguing your case in front of a federal judge.
Thinking of Filing for Bankruptcy? Contact Jackson Abdalla Law Group today at (773) 550-3853 to schedule a free consultation with a St. Charles Bankruptcy Attorney.